DPS is rooted in the mystery encountered during a slide across snow. Snowsports is what we do, and it’s who we are. We recognize that as a brand, manufacturer, and employer, we have a responsibility to treat the mountains and our environment with respect, so we can pass on our love of skiing and the outdoors to future generations.
As a company, we believe that a fully sustainable operation cannot be achieved overnight, but that hurdle should not limit us in taking steps in the right direction. We are pleased to announce that we are continuing along the path of creating a more climate-friendly operation by joining SIA’s ClimateUnited pact. By recognizing that we contribute to climate change, and continually reviewing our overall business strategy accordingly, we are focusing our best efforts to meet science-based targets to reduce overall emissions. We are actively measuring our carbon footprint, which includes emissions from our SLC factory, supply chain, transportation, waste, and product end of life. We are setting milestones and have a number of sustainability focused projects in motion, and we look forward to keeping our network of customers, companies, and friends updated with our progress.
- Sustainability is a core contributor in our decision making process. Material selection for our products is increasingly being made with environmental repercussions in mind.
- We are measuring the carbon footprint of our overall operations. This will allow us to make informed decisions on how to reduce our emissions.
- Because DPS is made in Salt Lake City we have a centralized operation with a short tail supply chain.
- The durability of our skis leads to an increased life cycle which exceeds industry standards. This significantly reduces overall waste.
- Additive manufacturing is the process of starting with a desired footprint, and iteratively adding only the material needed to gradually move towards a finished product. With our Pagoda cores and poured sidewalls, we’re closer to achieving this.
- We continue improving our carbon footprint by reducing manufacturing waste, and recycling whenever possible.
- We are actively investigating new packaging options for skis, gear, and softgoods to improve our footprint.
- Partnering with dealers to best support their internal sustainability initiatives.
- We partner with like-minded organizations for positive community outcomes; such as Protect Our Winters, and HEAL Utah.