Phantom Permanent Waxless Glide
Apply Once, Glide Forever.
PHANTOM is a permanent, one-time application base treatment that provides increased glide across all conditions. A disruptive, truly innovative solution that ushers in a new era in snowsports.
PHANTOM’s patent-pending polymer technology offers ultimate convenience combined with great glide performance. Cured PHANTOM is an inert substance, meaning your skis or snowboard can continue to glide while not contaminating the watershed.
PHANTOM can be applied by an individual with access to direct and consistent UV sunlight to activate and cure the formula. Ideally, this should be done during the Spring, Summer, and Autumn seasons when the sun is high and temperatures are. For proper PHANTOM application, it’s critical for there be strong, direct sunlight and temperatures over 32ºF / 0ºC. • PHANTOM cure time under direct outdoor sun is roughly 2 hours total (1 hour for part A, 1 hour for part B). It takes approximately another 20 minutes of prep work and brushing to complete an application. • Not-provided items/services needed for proper DIY PHANTOM application include a ski or snowboard base cleaner, or alternatively, employing a ski/snowboard shop to clean bases via stone grinding prior to application. • Phantom 2.0 is denoted by either a black 2.0 sticker on the box or our current address (647s 600w) on the bottom of the box.
PHANTOM can be applied professionally by an Authorized PHANTOM Installer using a Cure Station. The process takes approximately 15 minutes for part A, and 15 minutes for part B, with minor additional preparation and soak time. Cure Station application, available at select DPS dealers, is the most precise and fastest method to apply PHANTOM to skis or snowboards, and is a reliable all-season solution during the low light winter months, especially in more extreme latitudes, and in wetter climates where sunshine isn’t as consistent.
- “I’ve heard of PHANTOM wax…”
- What is the difference between Original PHANTOM 1.0 and the Fall 2018 release of PHANTOM 2.0?
- How does PHANTOM claim ‘permanence,’ with a single application for the life of a ski or snowboard, no matter how often or hard they are ridden?
- How does PHANTOM’s glide remain consistent over extreme temperature swings?
- What is the financial benefit of buying PHANTOM instead of regular wax?
- Can a ski or snowboard base still be waxed after application?
- Do skis or snowboards still need to be tuned after application?
- What happens if your ski or snowboard suffers base damage that needs repair?
- Can I apply the treatment by myself at home, or while traveling?
- Can PHANTOM be used in other sports or applications?
- Does PHANTOM work with skins for backcountry skiing and snowboarding?
- Does PHANTOM change the appearance of the bases of skis or snowboards?
- Is there a shelf life or temperature storage requirement?
- What comes inside a PHANTOM 2.0 package, and how much of the contents should I use?
- Is PHANTOM affected by sintered versus extruded bases?
FAQ: Application (Prep, Curing, and Appearance)
- What is the best way to prepare bases for PHANTOM application?
- Can PHANTOM be cured by UV light, grow lights, indoor tanning lights, or any other kind of artificial light bulb?
- Can PHANTOM packages A and B be applied on separate days?
- What happens if the weather suddenly changes during the outdoor UV curing process?
- Does the outside temperature matter when curing PHANTOM under UV light outdoors?
- Will PHANTOM cure indoors if placed in the sun or near a window?
- Will heating bases, “hot-boxing”, or any other artificial warming in advance of PHANTOM application help the curing process?
- How do I know when PHANTOM is cured?
- Will PHANTOM application discolor base graphics?
- Is a PHANTOM base visually identical to a traditionally waxed base?
- Does the PHANTOM application process present any health risks?
FAQ: Warranty and Repair
- Does P-tex work for repairs on a PHANTOM base?
- If bases are damaged and repaired via P-tex, does this affect PHANTOM performance?
- Does PHANTOM affect my warranty coverage on skis other than DPS?
- Does the DPS two-year warranty apply to PHANTOM?
- My PHANTOM Kit arrived with a missing or damaged component. What do I do?